Wednesday, August 24, 2011

This week in preschool #6

We played a memory game.  I put out some of her toys (and yes, Spiderman, dinosaurs, and tools are my DAUGHTER's toys) and then she would close her eyes and I would hide one.  She had to guess what was missing.  She was pretty good at it! 
 We found some leaves outside and I showed her how to do leaf rubbings (and coins too).
 We practiced the fine motor skill of cutting.  After a while, she switched to her left hand, because the right hand was "very tired from all this work." But she loved it!!
 We practiced counting things by placing them one at a time in an egg carton.
We painted.
Then I got the idea to let her paint over her letters.  She has a hard time with the marker, but the paintbrush seemed to be a lot easier.  

She painted and painted and painted, right until dinner time
And I tried not to stress when her paints ended up like this. 
 She dipped the brush in the paint, then the water, then on the paper.  It drove me crazy, but she insisted that she liked it that way.  And, after all, I did buy the paints for her.  Since I'm trying some more process art (freestyle, vs trying to copy something), I decided to let her do it her way.  No matter how hard I had to bite my tongue.  

This week we started preschool with 3 other kids and it's going great - lots of new activities to share!! 

1 comment:

colleensewnsew said...

What a good preschool teacher you are!