Monday, July 25, 2011

baby quilt finally done!!

I finally finished the quilt for my baby boy (who is growing up way too fast, btw)! My mom helped me with the binding, as usual.  And by helped, I mean she did it for me of course. One day I'll bind my own quilt!
 I love it!! I made a similar one for my friend's baby last year and loved the fabrics and pattern so much, I bascially copied it.  This one I decided to do a second border and when trying to find to time get to the quilt shop with a newborn and a 3 year old, I found the strips of blue and polka dot sewn together.  I had intended to use them on my friend's quilt, but cut them too small.  I made new ones for her, but these worked perfect as a border!

It's backed with super soft minky - thanks to Fabric.com's sale at $5/yard!!!
 Love it!!

1 comment: