Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Second Saturday class


My mom is a fabulous seamstress.  She claims there are people who are better, but she's the best in my book.  Anyway, we've decided to take a class together at a local quilt shop.  You pay $6 for the first month's kit.  The kit contains fabric and instructions for making one block.  If you come to the next class with your block complete, you get the next block for free.  Otherwise you have to pay $6 again for the next block.  It is good motivation to get your work done! My mom helped me A LOT with my first block - helped me cut it, told me exactly what to do each step.  It turned out pretty good, I think.


The next month, she helped me get started on the cutting, but we didn't have time to sew it.  So, I took it home and tried to do it on my own.  I think I did a pretty good job!
Look at how my star points match in the center! I am so proud of myself!!
I can't wait to do the next one!

1 comment:

colleensewnsew said...

You did a fabulous job! It was a long time before I could get my points to match that well. You mantle looks good also.