Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bow holder

Before Christmas, I tried to make a bow holder for my 8 year old niece.  I took old picture frames, spray painted them, with plans to cover the inside with fabric, add ribbon, etc.  After 4 frames and 2 cans of spray paint, I wasn't any closer to being finished, so I admitted defeat and bought her some earrings. 

But recently I noticed that my box that holds bows for Little Bit was getting a little crazy.  I really needed a bow holder.  Knowing my past failure tries, I decided to go for something a bit simplier.  Her room is done in ladybugs, so I took some little wood cut out ladybugs (Michael's, about $.50 each) and glued some ribbon on the back. 

Then I used the sticky thing you use to hang up 3M hooks (don't you love my acurate descriptions of things!) to secure them to the closet door.  It took about 15 minutes and I LOVE it!

5 comments:

Charlene said...

Good job! I'm needing to make something for my daughter's bows - I never thought about the 3 m strips to hang it up on the wall. Thanks for the idea!!

Laura said...

What a cute idea. We live in an apartment and I use 3m strips for everything.

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Cute! I love the ladybugs. Those 3M sticky things are great.

I'm hosting a party and would love to have you come over and link up!

http://mybackyardeden.blogspot.com/2010/03/make-it-yours-day.html

Tenille said...

Well done! I love it when things are fun and easy to make. Now if only I had a daughter... ;)

Catherine O. said...

Don't you love it when very functional things turn out so cute?