Friday, January 29, 2010

Valentine's Tree

I've never been one to decorate for holidays other than Christmas. This year, however, I seem to have this major desire to decorate for every holiday. This afternoon, I whipped together this little bad boy. It only took me one naptime and one trip to the dollar store. Now that's my kind of craft!
 


I had a little tree that my MIL used at our wedding luncheon. I've kept it for 4 years, never knowing what to do with it, but not wanting to throw it away. I decided it would make the perfect little Valentine's tree! I found some darling little wood shapes at Michael's for $.50. Add a little ribbon and felt (to hide where the ribbon is hot glued on). Perfect!

But it still seemed like it needed more. I remembered some darling little heart picks from the dollar store that I would not let myself buy until I had a specific use for them. I knew they'd be perfect. I pulled the sticks out and used a tiny bit of craft wire to make a loop. With the hearts being foam, it was super easy to stick the ends of the wire all the way in.
I love how it tuned out!! I also love that it only took about 30 minutes total. Yea!

Please excuse the lackluster photography - I'm trying, I really am!
I'm linking to
The Girl Creative  The DIY Show Off
(couldn't figure out how to get the Show and Tell Party button from DIY Showoff)

4 comments:

natalie malan said...

it turned out super cute! I love the glitter ones; it makes it look more finished for sure! what kind of camera do you have?

colleensewnsew said...

I love it!

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

What a great tree, it looks great! And you could probably keep switching it up for different holidays!

Lisa L. said...

@ Natalie - I have a Cannon Cyber-Shot
@Michelle- that's my hope! I'm hoping I can keep coming up with cute decorations!!