Friday, January 8, 2010

At long last, the after pictures

You know how you start something simple, like painting the kitchen. And then you have the "as long as we're painting, we should....." And then the project morphs and grows and everybody in the house gets sick and progress stops. And then Christmas comes you are so busy that you don't have time to work on it. And then everyone gets sick again. You begin to think the projects will never be done.

Not that I would know about that.

It all started about a year ago, when I noticed water dripping off of our light fixture. Hmmmm, probably not a good thing. A quick call to our handy man (my dad!) and 3 holes in my ceiling later, the water leak was fixed.

After the ceiling repair, our kitchen was in desperate need of a paint job. It only took us a year to get started. Here are the before and afters:
Before:
After:
I love the farmhouse plates from Goodwill for $.25 each. The plate hanger I picked up at a garage sale for $2. Awesome!
Before:
After: New paint and molding!
My sister gave me this sign - I love it!
Before:
After

Minus a little sanding and touch up paint on the ceiling, we are done! I am really pleased with how it turned out.
I am so in love with the wall color (Oatbran by Valspar) I want to paint my entire house with it!
I'm linking to the Shabby Chic Cottage Transformation Thursday.

2 comments:

Prior said...

Love your kitchen and especially the color. Just stopping by from Transformation Thursday. Lezlee

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I love the new color, and the trim looks great!
gail