Friday, December 11, 2009

A small change with a big impact

So I have been really working on my mantle this year. I liked it ok, but still felt like it needed something. I love the little jars with ornaments and snow (epsom salt). But I felt like they kind of got lost on the big white mantle. I stared at them and talked to every.single.person who came over about how I needed to make a change. Then I saw the little boxes that came with the boxes I used for my ornament trees. Using the box and the lid, I was able to add some height and color without changing the jars at all. I LOVE it!

Before:
After:



Now, if I can just get the garland up before Christmas!

2 comments:

trishtator said...

The height helps a ton - and more color against the white. Nice work!

Yay! :)

Cathy said...

Thanks for coming to visit my blog. I LOVE the name of your blog. I feel like that all the time. And I think your small change looks so very nice! Have a good weekend.