Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My tree, in all honesty

I have so enjoyed looking at the beautiful trees on Thrify Decor Chick'sChristmas tree party! I didn't want to post my tree because it is not that fancy. But even though my tree is not fancy or perfectly coordinated, I still love it. So here it is, in all it's glory.

The top half- breakable ornaments.
The bottom half - kid friendly ornaments for my little one to move all around. Let's be honest - with a 19 month old on the loose, no decorated tree is going to stay that way long....

The burned out strands on our prelit tree separates the two halves nicely.

Kid friendly ornaments
When we travel, we get an ornament to put on our tree. Good way to collect souvenirs without having your house full of nick-nacks! This is one from our honeymoon - an angel from a cotton plant. The little snowman was a gift from one of my students my first year teaching.
Yup, not the prettiest tree ever, but my little one likes it and I like it. Well, all except for the burned out light strands. That will have to be on next year's to do list.

No comments: