Monday, December 7, 2009

If you can't be crafty, know someone who is!

One thing I love about putting up my Christmas decorations is all the memories they hold. When I was in college, my mom used to make decorations and send them to me, so my drab college apartment would have a little holiday cheer. When I pull them out now, I rememeber hanging them up in all my apartments (a different one each year of school!), in our newlywed apartment and now our first home.

Did I mention my mother is an AWESOME quilter/seamstress?

Here's a few things she has made for me. Oh, and she makes matching things for each of my 4 siblings too. Yea, she's awesome!
Advent Calendar
The pieces still to go up

I love this one!

The advent calendar (after I ate all the candy off it!) :)

I love my mom!

2 comments:

Bonnie @ Savoring Simplicity said...

Well, you definitely know someone crafty. How lucky! Beautiful work.

colleensewnsew said...

Thanks for the nice words -- it is joy sharing with someone who is grateful. I love you too!