Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Procrastinators Party!

The Inspired Room is having a procrastinators party! Everyone has to declare their projects and then report back in 2 weeks to see if we finished them. Since my family blog is private, I decided to start a blog so I can participate. I really have been getting more in to a crafty mood lately, so hopefully this will be a good place to document all the things I have made.

So here is my declaration!

I bought this adorable toy bench in April at a garage sale for $7! So cute, it will be perfect in Little Bit's room. The paint job was horrible - drips and uneven coats. The seat was mismounted, so it didn't close and open properly. The hubby said it would be no problem to fix. I figured a little paint and some screws and it will be good as new.

It sat in my foyer for about 4 months before I removed the seat. Then I started sanding it, but got tired and quit - too many nooks and crannies!

I am refocused, ready to get it done!! I'm going to strip the yucky paint, paint it blue and have DH help me fix the hinge. Then it will be ready for toy storage galore!

Since I am feeling bold, I am going to attempt a second project as well. We had a water leak in our kitchen ceiling last year that created several large holes in our ceiling. After repairing the ceiling and walls (had to cut in to the walls to get the new drywall up), the room was in desperate need of a paint job. We have the paint and the primer, we just haven't gotten around to doing it. But I want to get it done. So we'll add that to my procrastinator's party! It won't take long, we just need to buckle down and do it. Here goes nothin!

4 comments:

Shannon @ Silver Trappings said...

Good luck with your projects. Can't wait to see your after pictures!

happileah said...

Good luck with your projects. You're brave to commit to TWO! The bench is going to be adorable, what a steal!

Jayne said...

I love the bench! Little Bit will too! Best wishes on your two projects! I'll come back after the 20th and see how it all came out!
Blessings,
Jayne

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Wow, starting a blog and two projects! You are ambitious!!

Hope the projects are going well...one week left!! :-)

Have fun!!