Tuesday, October 27, 2009

2 steps forward, 3 steps back

So I thought I was insanely close to finishing the bench - just one more coat and touch up a few spots. That's when the hubby pointed out that I hadn't fine sanded it and I would need to do that if I wanted it to look nice. I tried to pretend like he was wrong. But after looking closely, I realized that it was already getting dusty and the dust sicks in the rough part of the wood.

Now I'm fine sanding it. The good news is that it isn't taking off as much paint as I thought, so I think I'll be able to finish it this week for reals - that is if it will stop raining!! It's just frustrating to think you are almost done and have to redo it!

The good news is that we've made tons of progress on the kitchen. All that is left is to paint the ceiling. I was hoping to finish Saturday, but with all that we had going on (church Halloween party, football game to watch!), it didn't happen. Tonight, we'll be painting while we watch Biggest Loser. Hang up accessories on Wednesday and then it will be time for the big reveal - YEA!

No comments: