Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What I keep in our church bag

Here's a few things I keep in our bag to keep my little one quietly occupied during church.
-Our collection of fabric "paper" dolls.

-A quiet book.  I looked in to sewing one of these, but the time was just not worth it to me.  Plus, once you make it, you can't really change the pages.  I instead opted for a 3 ring binder, some page protectors, and pages from our church's children's magazine.  There are stories...

 ....and pages to color with crayon.  Some of the mazes and things, I let her use dry erase crayons or markers and then we can use that page over and over again.  Plus, when she gets tired of the pages, I just swap them out for others.  Since the children's magazine comes every month, when we get a new one, I rip out any pages I think would be good for the quiet book and keep them in a folder.  Not as cute as a true quiet book, but a whole lot faster.
 I turned the scripture hero picture at the end in to a puzzle. (mounted on cardstock and laminated, of course!)
 -of course there are coloring books or notepads and crayons (which I keep in a crayon roll like this one - http://thepleatedpoppy.com/2010/05/crayon-roll-tutorial/ ) I don't have picture of mine, but that's the tutorial I used. I also made one for color wonder markers.
-Some file folder games that are church related
 -Matching games - like this Popsicle one for colors.  I also have a few memory games with about 8 matches in each game.
- I spy bag
- and finally some of these magnet tins - http://www.amazon.com/Noahs-Ark-Magnetic-Fun-Tin/dp/B004LC31YU
I try to swap things out to keep it fresh.  Everything has a pretty low profile, so I don't feel like I am toting a ginormous toy bag to church every week! 

No comments: