Monday, January 2, 2012

Living room before and after

We've lived in our house for about 5 1/2 years.  For 4  1/2 of those years, I have wanted to paint the living room. I've just never gotten around to it.  We had known the color for a long time, it just was a matter of getting to it.  My in laws were coming for a visit, and we decided we'd get it done before they came.  As in the week before they came.  Did I mention it was also Halloween week? Don't you start major projects before you have company? Crazy as it may have been, I am so happy with how it turned out!

Here's the before before - our living room circa 2009.

Here it is in 2010 after I redid the mantle decorations and added some curtains. 
 Most of the paint was a neutral "Oatbran".  It wasn't a huge change, but better than the builders' flat cream that showed every mark and was just in general "blah". The new color shows off our trim so much better. Here you can see the corner of the entry, half painted (new paint on the right)

And the dramatic after- our accent wall! (plus Christmas decorations and the hubster).  
 I love how much prettier the fireplace looks!

No comments: